Thursday, August 2, 2012

PSA / Gap Review: Fitted Boyfried Popover Shirt

I just and I mean JUST received my Gap elephant print shirt and I had to send out some IRL photos and a review.  LOVE, LOVE this shirt!!

The current Gap promotion is 15% off with code GAPGIFT.  It looks like all sizes are available in the elephant and horse prints, but mostly sold out in the owl print.

The shirt is lightweight, but not at all sheer.  It is a great weight to wear alone now and as a layering piece when it gets cool (or cold for some of ya'all).  It has 2 pockets on the front, but they lay completely flat and don't seem like they would cause bulk under a sweater or cardi.  It fits TTS as I took my regular size small.

The background color is dark navy and the elephants are a pinky-beige with NEON PINK details.  The neon pink is my favorite part, but if you are not a fan, you might still like it as it really isn't "in your face" neon-y.  I plan to wear it with my J. Crew bright pink #2 pencil skirt, J. Crew bright pink chino shorts, and my Gap neon pink khakis.

Another cute detail that I don't know if you can tell in the pics is the grosgrain ribbon detail inside the collar and also inside the cuffs.  Very small, very subtle, but cute nonetheless.

What do you think of this Gap shirt?  Have you ordered this one or the owl or the horse prints?





The tag looks similar to the J. Crew shirts.
It's hard to see, but there is a small navy grosgrain ribbon running around the collar.

Detail of the elephant print with little neon pink highlights.
It makes me smile :).

3 comments:

  1. OOOOO, this is a really cute shirt! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute top, reminds of the J. Crew popover(the navy with the cream colored big dots). I definitely have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought the same shirt and absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete